The Australian Institute is hosting an Accountability and the Law Conference at Parliament House, Canberra, on 17th August 2017.
With experts from across legal and academic fields, the Accountability & the Law Conference will discuss the weaknesses in the current federal accountability system and suggest mechanisms for reform, including the establishment of a federal anti-corruption commission. The conference is a special initiative of The Australia Institute, an independent public policy think tank based in Canberra.
- Nicholas Cowdery AM QC, former NSW Director of Public Prosecutions
- Geoffrey Watson SC, former counsel assisting ICAC
- Fiona McLeod SC, barrister and President Law Council of Australia
- Bret Walker SC, barrister and former Independent Monitor of National Security Legislation
- Noel Hutley SC, barrister and former President of the NSW Bar Association
The full program is below and also available here. The conference runs from 9.30am-4.30pm, followed by a reception at 6pm with Dr Cameron Murray. For further information and to purchase tickets please visit www.accountabilityconference.org.au.
There is an exclusive offer for students
We are pleased to have an exclusive offer for your members of half price student registration. By using the promo code ‘CANBERRA’ students can attend this valuable conference for only $120.
Thank you for distributing our invitation to your members. If you have any questions regarding this invitation or the conference, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to seeing you on the 17th August.